Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Published: August 1, 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 359 in the US paperback edition
Synopsis: Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Novel by Julie Kagawa |

Keep in mind that this is the second book in THE IRON FEY series.  There will most likely be spoilers. 

Julie Kagawa:

This women writes amazing words.  I find myself devouring every book she writes.  There is never a boring part in her books.  Although this is the third book I have read by her, I know I will be reading more from her.  

The love triangle:

I have to say, the love triangle was amazing. I personally think the love story was better in this book then the first book, because now we got PUCK into it.  Puck all of a sudden pronounced his love for Meghan, and she thinks "Oh, he's a summer fey! Maybe this is what is best." then shes all like, "Oh, but I love Ash so much!" and I'm like ASH! ASH! ASH! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! IT'S ASH YOU LOVE!!!!!!  

Puck vs. Ash:

As read in the first book, THE IRON KING, Ash and Puck are feuding over the death of Ash's lover.  In THE IRON DAUGHTER there is barely any argument over it.  Although Ash is still devastated over it, Ash and Puck manage not to fight to the death over her.

Cover:  

This cover is beautiful!  I love the purple and blues.  The model on the cover is suppose to be Meghan, I believe. 

All-in-all:

This book was amazing! I really liked it!

four out of five stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment